Have you been wondering what to post on your Facebook page to get more likes and conversation on your posts? Have you simply run out of ideas? We'll I did. So, I decided to see what Google had to say and found an interesting article in Forbes.
100 Killer Ideas For Your Social Media Content
There are more than enough ideas to get your creative thoughts flowing. Here are 10 ideas from the article.
- Fill-in-the-blank-posts (e.g. "If I had $1 million dollars, I would ____________")
- Questions: Post simple basic questions your followers can answer quickly (e.g. How long does it take to lose 10 pounds?)
- Post a branded image: A funny or inspirational image with your logo or website URL on it (e.g. Find a nice quote and use an image editor to put your website URL on it.
- Share random tips: Periodically post something random, a tip or trick you find useful
- Ask for advice: Pose a hypothetical question and ask your friends what they would do
- Video testimony: Post a video review of your product, or ask your friends to post a video testimony
- YouTube video: Find an interesting video and post to your wall for your friends to enjoy
- Truth or fiction question: Let your followers respond with their thoughts
- Awards or accolades you have received: Be careful here...the idea is to build trust, not brag
- Promote your products or services: This was number 100 on the list, the very last recommendation. Social media should be used to build relationships, trust, and build your reputation as an expert in your industry. When people are ready to buy, they will think of you first. Remember that people buy from those they know, like and trust.
Here's a bonus idea. "People don't care about your business, they care about their problems". Keep this in mind as you look for creative ways to improve engagement with your posts.
For more great ideas from the article by Jayson DeMers, contributing editor for Forbes click here.